Using Shaktipat Meditation techniques, your realized teacher can “light up” your energy system for you. Your mind may be able to closest see/feel your aura, chakras, channels and energy connections.
Directly experiencing your energy system will simplify your practice, enabling you to watch your energy body grow and progress. Knowing about your chakras, front, back and central energy channels, three Tan Tiens and your connections to Heaven and Earth will bring a greater understanding of how meditation and energy work is affecting you.
Most of us cannot see subtle energy with our physical eyes. Shaktipat meditation will quickly permit you to guide Divine Light into a person’s energy system with your mind. Your mind’s eye may see the person’s energy field light up. You may observe the different parts as your mind focuses softly on each in turn. Colors and blockages may appear.
The Human Aura
Your aura forms a field of energy that surrounds your physical body. This field can extend out as much as two meters or more from our bodies. All of the information about all the lives we’ve lived and this present life are encoded in this field. The colors in it change regularly as our thoughts and emotions change.
Light colors like white, blue, green, gold, violet and light red indicate good health. Darker colors like dirty white, gray, brown, black and dark red or dark green indicate blockages and damage that must be cleared and repaired.
As you do your daily practice, your aura will grow and strengthen until incoming negative energies transform to positive strength as soon as they strike your energy field.
The inner of energy next to the body is easiest to feel or see. It has the most influence on the health of the physical body. As you slowly sweep your hand palm down by this energy inner, you will feel spots that are hot or cold, cause tingling or a change in vibration, or that draw your hand to them. These sensations indicate energy imbalances.
Chakras are whirling energy vortices. When viewed from the front they may appear round. Viewed from above they are like plates or disks stacked one atop the other. Each chakra governs a different aspect of our being. Here we are only concerned with the seven major chakras that are in the physical body. They are centered in front of the spine.
1. Mooladhara is on the perineum, which is the strip of skin between our sexual organs and anus, at the very base of our bodies. Its color is red. It governs knowledge. It’s here that the column of Yin energy connecting us to Mother Earth enters us.
2. Swadishtana is behind our pubic bone. It’s orange and governs our emotions, subconscious and sexual energy.
3. Manipura is yellow and located between the navel and solar plexus. Different systems place this chakra higher or lower in this area. Observe for yourself where it is. Our personal strength resides here.
4. Anahata is the Heart Chakra. It’s behind the breastbone at heart level. Its color is usually green, sometimes with pink mixing in. Love emanates from our heart chakra, going out to all around us.
5. Vishuddi is located at the base of the throat. The color is usually blue. It governs communication and our immune system.
6. Ajneya, or the Third Eye, is located in the center of the forehead above and between the eyebrows. Its usual color is indigo. This is the seat of our psychic and mental powers.
7. Sahasrara is the crown chakra located on top of the head. Its color is usually violet with varying amounts of gold. This is our spirituality. It’s here that the slender white energy cord bringing celestial energies down into our beings enters us.
There are also minor chakras on our hands, knees, ankles and bottoms of our feet. It’s very important to open these to allow sick, heaty and negative energies to ground out of the body.
The Three Tan Tiens
The Tan Tiens are best discovered by looking for empty spaces in which it first appears that nothing exists. truly they are seas of living energy inside us. The Upper Tan Tien is inside the skull, occupying the area where the brain is. The thinking mind resides here.The Middle Tan Tien is in the center of the chest. The emotional mind is here.The Lower Tan Tien is behind and below the navel. This is home to the instinctual mind and our pearl of life force energy.
A slender white column of energy goes from the top of our heads up into the Universe. It’s sometimes called the God connection or the Universe connection. Yang, celestial or cosmic energies come down to us by this cord. It runs straight down by the center of our body in central channel from the crown chakra to the base chakra and on into Mother Earth.
Cool Yin, or Earth, energies travel up this cord from the earth while excess heaty energies travel down it to ground out and keep our energies balanced. Conscious grounding after energy work is often necessary to continue proper balance between Yin and Yang. With daily energy work your Universe connection will grow until it covers the whole top of your head.
The central channel runs straight down by our bodies from the crown to the base chakra. The connections to the Universe and Mother Earth run by the central channel.
Shushuma, or the back channel, runs up the center of the spinal cord from the base chakra to the crown chakra. The Kundalini energies rise by this channel. There are two other channels here on the right and left called Ida and Pingala. These truly cross the back channel at every chakra to form a figure eight shape that repeats all the way up the spine
The front channel runs up the front of the body from the base to the crown chakra. It’s about 1 or 2 centimeters below the skin.
The belt channels run around the physical body just beneath the skin, one at the level of each chakra. They are the same colors as the chakras. They intersect the front and back channels to form an energy grid or frame.
Meridians are lines of energy that run by our bodies. There is one for each major organ. Acupressure and acupuncture treat blockages in these lines. You can clear these blockages with healing energy by sweeping your hand slowly down the meridian, clearing blocks as you find them.