Los Angeles – California Marriage License Information
Congratulations on your engagement. It is a magical however busy time. Be sure you have your paperwork in order. Find out right away what you need to do from the appropriate local clerk office.
If you’re getting married in Los Angeles, California, please see guidelines below:
1. Typically both the bride and groom are 18 years old or older. Minimum age is 16 but requires parental consent.
2. Blood test or health certificates are not required to acquire a license.
3. A marriage license can be obtained from a county clerk’s office. Cost is $70, payable by cash, check or money order. No credit card payments.
4. Both bride and groom must be present and product driver’s license and birth certificate.
5. All documents must be in English. Documents in Spanish or any other language must be submitted with an English translation by a certified translator.
6. Los Angeles must get a lot of requests for inmate marriages as the official phone number to call regarding this is: (562) 462-2137.
7. You do not have to be a resident of Los Angeles or a citizen of the U.S. to get married in Los Angeles.
8. The marriage license is valid for 90 days. You can be married by a priest, minister, rabbi, active or retired estimate, or by a deputy commissioner of civil marriages.
9. Go to the nearest clerk office to your home. Call ahead for office hours. Office locations where you can file for marriage license are:
Catalina Branch Court, Avalon, 310-510-0026, call for appointment.
9355 Burton Way, 1st Floor, Beverly Hills, 310-288-1261
1028 W. method J2, Lancaster, 661-945-6446
11701 S. La Cienega Blvd., 6th Floor, LAX Courthouse, 310-727-6142
4716 East Cesar Chavez Ave., Los Angeles, 323-260-2991
12400 Imperial Highway, Norwalk 562-462-2137
14340 West Sylvan Street, Van Nuys, 818-374-7176.
Marriage license requirements can and do change now and then. The above list should not be regarded as legal advice. It is meant to assist you in getting your paperwork in order. Be sure to check your local marriage license office for the most up-to-date information and requirements. Do this before making any wedding plans or booking any travel reservations