‘Laughing killer’ sentenced for brutal murder of friend in Wolverhampt…

A murderer who laughed and joked with his friend just minutes before violently stabbing him to death with a hunting knife has been jailed for life.

Sean Bulle, 21, brutally killed Paulius Petrasiunas after getting annoyed about a phone call his victim had taken.

He plunged a knife into his chest, causing him to die within seconds – with the aftermath witnessed by Mr Petrasiunas’ partner.

READ MORE: Walsall supermarket boss caught with 6,000 illegal cigarettes after trying to ‘hide stash under shop counter’

Bulle – also referred to as Switch – has now been jailed for life, with a minimum of 20 years for the Black Country murder.

Jurors heard he armed himself with the hunting knife and kept it hidden throughout the day before using it to stab his victim in the chest.

Footage captured killer Bulle and his victim enjoying each other’s company moments before the horrific murder in Heath Town, Wolverhampton last summer.

Bulle fled to Shrewsbury after knifing Mr Petrasiunas – also known as Polo – in the hallway of a block of flats off Chervil Rise at about 5.20pm on July 13 last year.

Paulius Petrasiunas died after being stabbed in the chest

Murder detectives quickly identified the killer as the chief speculate and launched a public allurement in an attempt to locate him.

Within two days, he was traced in Shrewsbury – with a man bag containing the victim’s blood linking him to the murder.

Bulle initially claimed he suffered an epileptic seizure when he came across the aftermath so someone else must have killed Mr Petrasiunas.

But police uncovered CCTV footage showing his movements soon after the killing and leaving the scene with what appeared to be the blade hidden in his jogging bottoms.

Despite what he’d done he was spotted calmly walking by the area, West Midlands Police said.

The murder weapon was thrown away but officers spent months scouring by hundreds of hours of footage before earmarking land where it could have been dumped.

It was found in a pile of rubbish between a fence and wall with forensic examination showing it contained the victim’s blood.

Bulle, of Clover Ley, Heath Town, was charged with murder but later changed his story and claimed he had been sparring with the victim with knives.

He then had a blackout and could not remember what happened, the killer said.

But following a trial at Stoke Crown Court he was convicted of murder in December and sentenced to life behind bars yesterday (January 12).

Detective Sergeant Damian Forrest, from West Midlands Police’s homicide unit, said: “This was the senseless killing of a young man.

“Bulle seemed to have become annoyed about a phone call Paulius had taken and then lashed out with the hunting knife.

“It left Paulius with serious chest injuries and he died within seconds. Sadly the aftermath of this attack was witnessed by the partner of Paulius and his close friends, who all bravely gave evidence at the trial.

“Despite what he’d done Bulle was captured calmly walking away and then fled the area.

“He was quickly identified as the chief speculate and by intelligence which came in following our allurement to locate him he was arrested within two days of the attack.

“He provided different accounts to what he claimed happened but by the diligence of our staff we reviewed a large haul of CCTV and collated strong evidence.

“This helped create a clearer picture of what went on and our determination was rewarded when we were able to find the murder weapon.

“Bulle has now rightly been convicted of murder and will confront many years behind bars.”

Stay abreast with the very latest from the vicinity with our Black Country Email Updates.

Click: See details

Leave a Reply