Energetically cleansing your new Oracle cards is really important before you start to use them. already if you have cleansed them thoroughly, it nevertheless may take a while before they are truly “YOUR” cards. Follow these steps to cleanse and consecrate your new cards!
When you first get your new deck of Oracle cards, and if you’re with some friends, ask each of them to shuffle and cut the deck before you bring them home. This will help the deck become more familiar with your energy via your friends.
When you get your deck home, shuffle them a few times before beginning. This will help to shake up any residual energy hanging on to the cards. If you’d like, cut a course of action and call in the Elements, though that’s not strictly necessary. Ground yourself and ask your spirit guides for assistance. You can then do any of the following:
- keep up the deck in your hands. Feel the energy of the earth and the Divine energy from above connect within your heart chakra. Visualize a white, cleansing light emitting from your heart chakra into the deck.
- Light a white candle and pass the deck over the flame.
- Light incense and pass the deck by the smoke.
- If it’s a complete moon, place the deck outside so that it can absorb the moon’s energy all night.
- Smudge your new deck with a sage, cedar, or sweet grass smudge stick.
- Ask your angels and spirit guides to bless and energetically cleanse your cards.
- Surround the deck with crystals and leave them for several hours.
Once they’ve been cleansed, it’s time to consecrate them. Again, ground and ask your guides for assistance. Ask them to consecrate the cards to their highest good.
You should also energetically cleanse your deck of stray energies on a regular basis. About once a month, I’ll take each card and put them all into order. My oracle card decks all have an associated number, so I just order them numerically. Then I’ll cleanse them with a healing white light from my heart chakra.
Once the deck has been thoroughly cleansed, it’s ready for you to use. Remember that it nevertheless may take some time for the deck to absorb your energy to give you accurate readings. If you are chiefly reading for yourself, the cards will adjust in short order.
Remember to think clearly of your question when you use the oracle cards. Recently I had a friend who was going by a lot of issues. Although I asked my cards a question about me, the reading was clearly about her! I shared the reading with her, but then did another reading for me from a different deck.
It’s so important to make your new deck of oracle cards your own. Follow these steps to cleanse them of other people’s energy and infuse your new deck with your own rare energies!