10 Way to raise Lottery Sales
Selling lottery tickets looks easy. There is an impression that people flock to lottery retailers and buy up. The reality is that retailing lottery products is as challenging as other businesses. You need to proactively market the business. The best way to do this is to existing customer traffic. The tips in this article are designed to give lottery retailers ideas on how to more effectively promote lottery products and thereby increase basket size and customer efficiency.
1. Sell syndicates. Package a group of tickets together and sell shares. People like to belong and those who do can be part of a small group with a proportion in a bigger value pack of tickets.
2. White board news. Build a sense of immediacy and local buzz around the lottery products you sell. Place a small white board on which you list the current jackpots and other news. This gives you an opportunity a personal and fun pitch of lottery products.
3. Preprint and pitch. Preprint a bunch of tickets and ask your team to offer these to customers who don’t ask for lottery products. Consider placing these, all with the same sale value, in a box and offer a lucky dip buy.
4. Second chance draw. Have a place where customers can write their name and number on the back of a non winning ticket to go into the weekly or fortnightly second chance draw. Give away a lottery ticket as a prize.
5. Package for seasons. Create a Mom’s lucky pack for Mother’s Day, a Dad’s lucky pack for Father’s Day. Be sure to include several different games and some moment scratch tickets.
6. Clever poster placement. Place posters based on the reward obtainable. While lottery companies want you to promote the range, it is better for you to place posters based on what you know will sell well in your business.
7. Scratch ticket of the week. characterize a different scratch ticket each week on a small characterize at the counter. Make sure that everyone on your team knows how the game is played. Create an A4 counter poster to promote the scratch ticket – suggest reasons to give it as a gift – for fun, to say thanks or as a birthday gift.
8. Upsell. Retail employees tend to not enjoy being asked to up sell. It is difficult, especially to do it in a fresh way each time. Have some fun, offer a reward and give people freedom on how to go about it. With lottery products, sometimes it is as simple of informing the customer of a jackpot.
9. Include lottery products in gift packs. For Mother’s day, include a lottery ticket or scratch tickets in a gift pack along with other products such as chocolate, a magazine or a pen – or all three.
10. Track your sales. Track your lottery sales by game. Let your team know these numbers. Make sure they know which products you would like pushed. Providing visibility of this could help get them on board and excursion better results for the business.
Doing nothing out of the ordinary to win lottery sales will see your sales as nothing out of the ordinary. Take the above ideas, play with them, make them your own and chase growth in lottery product sales.